For your application you will need to submit the "application form for admission to a German university". Please complete the form on your computer or in unjoined printed characters (View help for completion) and add the following supporting documents:
- Copy of a secondary school leaving certificate which qualifies you to study at university level in your home country (please make sure that you provide proof of all grades you obtained)
- Proof of language proficiency (copy sufficient)
- If you have taken a university entrance exam, its results are needed as well (e.g. for applicants from Bosnia, Korea, Kosovo, Croatia, Macedonia, Serbia, Türkiye and USA)
- Copies of all other relevant documents such as academic transcripts, references, final degree certificates
- Resume/CV, showing a complete chronological list of your education and training up to the time of application
- If you intend to earn a PhD, you must be accepted as a doctoral candidate by a professor from an academic department of the University of Paderborn before the application process.
Important Information: For the application for admission there is no attestation of your documents necessary. The university might check the original documents after your arrival on campus. Please check the rules for translations below.
Study courses which require a direct application to the university
Please send your documents by conventional mail to the following address:
Warburger Straße 100
We regret that for organizational reasons we cannot accept applications sent to the university by e-mail.
Study courses which require an application via uni-assist
The hard copies of the documents have to be sent directly to uni-assist!
It is not necessary to send any documents directly to the university.
- Officially certified copies of documents and translations
Generally, certified documents are not required for the application process. However, you may be asked to present the original documents upon arrival at the campus.
Please note: If your application documents are in a language other than English, French or German, you must submit a copy of an officially certified translation in one of these three languages.
- Application for studies without DSH / TestDaF etc.
If you do not have the required German language proficiency, you are basically supposed to apply for a language course first.
If you are to complete one of the recognized German language tests after the application deadline, you can directly apply for studies in degree courses without restricted admission. Please make sure that you advise us of when the certificate will be completed. It definitely has to be submitted at the time of enrolment.