The Senate represents all university groups.
The Senate has the following duties:
- To confirm the election of the president and vice-presidents.
- To take position on the Executive Board annual report.
- To enact and change the university constitution, as well as other university regulations, unless otherwise stipulated by law.
- To make suggestions and take position on the university strategic development plan and agreement on objectives, on evaluation reports, on the financial plan, and on basic resource allocation within the university.
President Prof. Dr. Birgitt Riegraf
Prof. Dr. Gregor Engels
Prof. Dr. Burkhard Hehenkamp
Prof. Dr. Ulrike Heinrichs
Prof. Dr. Bernd Henning
Prof. Dr. Heinz-Siegfried Kitzerow
Prof. Dr. Jürgen Klüners
Prof. Dr. H.- Hugo Kremer
Prof. Dr. Heiko Meier
Prof. Dr. Katharina Rohlfing
Prof. Dr. Merle Tönnies (Senate Speaker, E-Mail)
Prof. Dr. Thomas Tröster
Prof. Dr. Jutta Weber
Academic Staff Representatives
Dr. Daniela Berner-Zumpf
Dr. Benjamin Brecht (Deputy Senate Speaker, E-Mail)
Dr. Kristin Eichhorn
Dr. Steffen Jesinghausen
Further Staff Representatives
Dr. Barbara Flöing-Hering
Dr. Uta Wienhaus
Michele Tomea Mallorquin
Ex Officio Members (non-voting)
- The Vice-President of Operations
- The Vice-Presidents
- The Deans
- The Equal Opportunities Officer
- The Chairman of the Student Union
- The Chairman of the Worker’s Council
- The Severely Disabled Employee Officer
- The Representative for Students with Handicap or Chronic Disease
The student representatives are elected for a term of one year and the other members for a term of two years.
Sascha Käuper (Administrative Office 2.4, protocol)