The Master programs in Computer Science (Informatik) and Physics (Physik) can be studied alternatively in German or in English.
Please make it clear in your application, if you apply for the English or the German language alternative.
Electrical Systems Engineering (M.Sc.) can only be studied in English.
As a proof of your English language proficiency, the following certificates are accepted:
- a Bachelor degree gained in Australia, Great Britain, Ireland, Canada, New Zealand or the USA
- a German Bachelor degree obtained in a study program that has been accredited as an English language program
- TOEFL *** with a minimum result of 550 (pencil and paper) resp. 585 (ESE) or 80 (internet) resp 87 (ESE)
- Cambridge ESOL certificate (CPE, CAE with grade B, FCE with grade A).
- IELTS with a minimum overall band score of 6.5 (Computer Science), resp. 6.0 (Physics, Electrical Systems Engineering).
Important: Due to our examination regulations, one of the above mentioned proficiency certificates is required even if the language of instruction at your previous university was English (referring to countries other than Australia, Great Britain, Ireland, Canada, New Zealand or the USA). We regret that exceptions are not possible.