Higher education entrance qualification (HZB)-Check: Before applying, you can use the DAAD admissions database to check whether the minimum requirements for direct subject-restricted or general admission are met. In order to be admitted to the preparatory German course, you need one of the types of the higher education entrance qualification listed there.
With the help of the DAAD database on admission and our checklist, you can get an overview of how to apply successfully.
1. Download application form, fill it out and sign it. For help take a look at the Info Sheet.
For question 1 "Desired degree programme" please select only study programs from the study programs offered by the University Paderborn
Important: Your adress needs to be current. Please answer question 11 in the application form with “Yes”.
2. Add your following educational documents (original language):
- secondary school leaving certificate
- university entrance examination - if taken
- transcript of records of all academic years
- university diploma in case you already graduated in your home country
- APS certificate (China, Vietnam and India) needs to be original
3. Add official translations of your documents - if issued in a language other than English, French or German.
4. Power of attorney* (completed and signed in the original) as well as copies of the identity documents of the person granting the power of attorney and the person receiving the power of attorney.
*If you are unable to apply or enrol yourself, you have the option of issuing a power of attorney to a person you trust.
Please use the form at go.upb.de/Vollmacht_DSH
5. If you are refugee and/or live in Germany already, please submit also a (clearly legible) copy of your current residence document. If you are asylum seeker, your residence document should prove that you are entitled to live in or close to Paderborn, so that you may attend the course at a daily basis.
6. Send your application (= completed application form and educational documents) by post to the International Office within the above mentioned application periods.
***Please note: If you send your application documents from abroad by post, you or the sender must pay the shipping and customs fees. If the recipient respectively the International Office is charged with shipping and/or customs fees, the application documents will not be accepted.***
7. What happens after the application? For more information click here
Application documents will generally not be returned. For this reason do not send us original documents.