Applying to study abroad at one of UPB’s partner universities
Application deadlines for semesters abroad in the academic year 2023/24:
|Application round I||October 17th, 2022 - December 4th, 2022|| |
|Application round II|| |
April 3rd, 2023 - May 12th, 2023 (noon)
Here you will find the application documents.
Information on upcoming application rounds for the 2024/25 academic year will be published in due course.
- Only full-time students currently enrolled at Paderborn University (and who will still be enrolled during the semester abroad) may apply.
- Applications may be submitted after completing the first semester of bachelor degree studies at the earliest. In exceptional cases, applications for some partnerships may be accepted from students who have not yet completed their first semester of studies. If it is possible to apply during the first bachelor semester (for a semester abroad in the 3rd or 4th semester of bachelor degree studies) this is indicated in the information provided on the partnership in the partner university portal. Master students can apply in their first semester of studies or in the final semesters of their bachelor’s degree.
- In one application round you can submit ONE application in your field of study with up to FIVE partner universities (to be prioritised). If you are studying more than one field of study (e.g. teacher training) or cross-sectional subjects (e.g. WING, IBS etc.), you must choose one field of study for the corresponding application round. Please note that you cannot change the prioritisation of the partner universities after submitting the application form.
Should you wish to go to two different partner universities in one academic year, first apply in Application Round I and again in Application Round II.
- Chosen semester: In the application form you should indicate the semester in which you would like to go abroad (winter semester and/or spring semester). If you state that you could go abroad in either the winter or spring semester, the semester will be agreed upon later on in the selection interview. Please note that some partner universities offer student exchanges for one complete academic year only. Furthermore, the semester periods in some regions may be very different to the German academic calendar. Please check the semester dates at your selected universities in advance.
- If you are accepted for an exchange semester but reject the offer, you will not be considered for following application round in the same akademic year. If your application is rejected, you may reapply in the subsequent application round.