Information at the start of the semester: Lecture period, introduction week and corona protection measures
The winter semester 2020/21 will be exceptional due to the pandemic. Despite the many challenges, we are working hard to ensure your student journey at Paderborn University gets off to the best possible start. We are also dependent on your help: Distance and hygiene rules protect us and others. The most important measures and information at the start of the semester are available here at a glance.
- Please keep a minimum distance of 1.50 meters to other people.
- It is compulsory to wear a mouth and nose covering in all public traffic areas in the university buildings (corridors, stairwells, elevators, sanitary facilities) and in areas where the minimum distance cannot be maintained.
- Mouth and nose covering must also be used for the seating in the hallways and foyers, unless the minimum distance of 1.50 meters from other people can be guaranteed.
- Please also make sure that the entrances to the buildings are kept clear so that entering and exiting can take place in compliance with the distance regulation. Therefore, do not stay longer than absolutely necessary in the entrance and exit areas.
- Please avoid personal contacts wherever possible and clarify your concerns primarily by e-mail or telephone.
- The traceability of those present in case of corona infections is done digitally with "darfichrein" using the QR codes in the room.
The introduction week (O-Phase) will take place from 19 October 2020. Most of the events will take place digitally. The current protection and hygiene measures apply to any attendance events. Further information: https://zsb.uni-paderborn.de/studienstart/orientierungstage
Lectures for students who are enrolled in their first semester of study in a particular degree programme and who are enrolled at the university for the first time start on 2 November 2020. For all other students, the lecture period starts on 26 October 2020.
The current distance and hygiene regulations severely limit the possibilities for classroom teaching at universities. In coordination with the Ministry of Culture and Science of North Rhine-Westphalia and the other universities in the federal state, the Executive Board of Paderborn University has therefore decided that teaching in the winter semester 2020/21 will be organised and offered as a mixture of classroom teaching and digital teaching.
Current information, regulations and advice from the university executive board on the subject of Corona can be found on a continuously updated website: go.upb.de/CoronavirusInfos.
We know that studying at a university is all about personal contacts, close collaboration and lively discussions. And we know that the current pandemic does not at present allow for this. Nevertheless, we look forward to warmly welcoming you into our community and will do everything we can to make sure your programmes and modules inspire and motivate you and to support you to succeed in your studies.