The right choice – your courses
Paderborn University exchange students are basically free to choose courses from the entire course catalogue.
The courses for all faculties are published in our campus management system PAUL . The program for the upcoming semester is published about two months before the start of the lecture period (ca. mid-February for the summer semester / mid-July for the winter semester).
- Courses offered by the Faculty Business Administration and Economics can be found in the module catalogue of the faculty and more information in the module handbook. Please click here.
- Information on the English taught Master degree programs at Paderborn University can be found here. These courses are open for graduate exchange students as well as advanced undergraduate students with sufficient prior knowledge of the subject matter.
- For a general overview of English taught courses, choose a semester in the courses catalogue and then click at „Courses in English"!
- Students of Business and Economics can find extended information on exchange studies at Paderborn University here.
- Students of Arts and Humanities can find extended information on exchange studies at Paderborn University here.
Please check with the coordinator of your home university if you need a learning agreement. If the future course catalogue is not yet available you can refer to the course catalogue of previous semesters and add those to your learning agreement. At the time of your arrival, the learning agreement is normally just temporary and can be changed or extended. In this case, please contact your academic coordinator at the University of Paderborn and complete the learning agreement "Changes" form.
Course Registration and Guidance
At the beginning of the semester, the International Office will arrange introductory sessions for all subjects and / or make appointments with your academic advisor in the faculty.
The formal registration for courses is not necessary BEFORE your arrival. Exception: Students of Business and Economics can register in advance for a few courses. The faculty will inform you about this possibility in time.
Transcript of Records
After your stay, the International Office will send you a transcript of records which contains all courses you have attended as well as the grades and ECTS you have achieved.