Subletting your room to exchange students at Paderborn

If you have provided your consent for your room to be sublet, it will be made available (if possible) to an exchange student for the duration of your stay abroad. This is a convenient way to sublet your room and support incomings in finding accommodation at the same time.

The Studierendenwerk Paderborn is responsible for the subletting process. Any questions regarding the rental agreement or otherwise can be clarified in a personal consultation. If you are unable to sublet your room (for example because you live with your parents or partner) you can ask the Studierendenwerk to exempt you from the room allocation process.

Searching for accommodation at the partner university

The partner universities vary greatly regarding if and how they support incomings in finding accommodation. The room subletting process for incomings at Paderborn University and the possibility of being allocated a room at the partner university are not related.

Information about searching for accommodation will be sent to you by your contact person during the registration process at the partner university (e.g. registration forms for student dorms, private offers, facebook groups etc.). You might also find further information on the local housing market in the experience reports of past exchange students. If you have any questions about accommodation, please contact the partner university, not UPB.