Fin­an­cial sup­port

The financial support for Erasmus+ is based on the different costs of living in the target countries. The following funding rates apply to the three country groups:

Project 2022/23 (Call 2022) - new funding rates

Groups     Funding rates Countries
Group 1 750 EUR/Month 
25 EUR/Day
Denmark, Finland, Ireland, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Norway, Sweden
Group 2 690 EUR/Month
23 EUR/Day
Austria, Belgium, Cyprus, France, Greece, Italy, Malta, Netherlands, Portugal, Spain
Group 3 640 EUR/Month
21,33 EUR/Day
Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Estonia, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Northern Macedonia, Poland, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia and Turkey

Top Ups:
For participants with fewer opportunities*: 250 Euros / Month
For green travel**: 50 Euros one-time plus 4 additional travel days possible (amount per travel day corresponds to daily flat rate for destination country)

* In the project 2022:

  • Employed students
  • First-time graduates
  • Students and graduates with a disability (GdB 20 or higher) or chronic illnesses
  • Students and graduates who are studying abroad with children

**Green Travel: 
"Green" means of transport are used for at least 50% of the trip: Train, bus, carpooling, cycling, walking. Travelling alone in a car is not included.


Projekt 2023/24 (Call 2023) - neue Fördersätze

Gruppe Fördersätze Länder
Gruppe 1 750 EUR/Monat bzw. 
25 EUR/Tag
Dänemark, Finnland, Irland, Island, Liechtenstein, Luxemburg, Norwegen, Schweden
Gruppe 2 690 EUR/Monat bzw.
23 EUR/Tag
Belgien, Frankreich, Griechenland, Italien, Malta, Niederlande, Österreich, Portugal, Spanien und Zypern
Gruppe 3 640 EUR/Monat bzw.
21,33 EUR/Tag
Bulgarien, Estland, Kroatien, Lettland, Litauen, Nordmazedonien, Polen, Rumänien, Serbien, Slowakei, Slowenien, Tschechische Republik, Türkei und Ungarn

Top Ups:
für Teilnehmende mit geringeren Chancen*: 250 Euro / Monat
für nachhaltiges Reisen**:  50 Euro einmalig sowie 4 zusätzliche Reisetage möglich (Höhe pro Reisetag entspricht Tagespauschale für Zielland)

* Im Projekt 2023:

  • Erwerbstätige Studierende
  • Erstakademiker*innen
  • Studierende und Graduierte mit einer Behinderung ab GdB 20 oder chronischer Erkrankung
  • Studierende und Graduierte, die mit Kindern ihren Auslandsaufenthalt durchführen

**nachhaltiges Reisen / Green Travel: 
Für mindestens 50% der Reise werden "nachhaltige" Verkehrsmittel genutzt: Zug, Bus, Mitfahrgelegenheit im Auto, Rad, zu Fuß. Allein im Auto zu fahren fällt nicht darunter.

General information:
According to the definition of the EU COM, a full mobility month is calculated in the Erasmus+ programme with exactly 30 days, regardless of the actual number of days.  For example, if your internship starts on 1 October and finishes on 30 November, your internship is considered to last 60 days even though October actually has 31 days.  One exception is when the last month of the internship is in February. In this case 28 days are counted.

You should bear in mind that you will receive 75% of your total grant amount at the beginning of your time abroad and the remaining 25% only once the internship is completed and you have submitted all required documents (see checklist).

Furthermore, you have a total mobility contingent of 12 months per study cycle (Bachelor, Master, Doctorate) at your disposal, which you can use regardless of the type (SMS or SMP) and number of mobilities. Mobilities from the previous Erasmus+ programme generation (2014-2021) will be counted.