Who can take advantage of the coaching programme?
The programme is available to
- Technical and administrative managers
- Technical and administrative staff confronted with fundamental changes in their workplace
This applies for all university divisions and departments.
What is the coaching programme?
The coaching programme is a solution-oriented career development advisory service. It is designed to help participants reflect on where they are currently at in their career and to explore options for their individual career development, with professional support. Unlike a traditional advisory service, the coach does not propose solutions, but rather helps participants come up with their own solutions.
When is coaching useful?
Coaching can help managers manage their various roles and responsibilities. Coaching can help staff confronted with fundamental changes in their workplace cope with the new challenges this brings.
Possible coaching topics include:
- Human resource management and team organisation
- Taking on new (leadership) roles
- Reflecting on the diversity of your roles
- Your position in the university
- Communication and conflict resolution strategies
- Stress management and work-life balance
How does the coaching programme work?
We work in co-operation with a pool of external professional coaches. We put you in contact with a coach. After a free initial session, to get to know each other and clarify the relevant objectives, Paderborn University will cover the costs for a total of six further hours of coaching (additional sessions are possible if required, but must be paid for by the participant).
Managers and staff interested in coaching can contact the Staff Development team. We’ll be more than happy to advise you.