The Central Equal Opportunities Officer supports and advises the university’s executive board (president and vice-presidents, etc.), the university’s management, the faculties and other bodies and committees of Paderborn University on how best to ensure equal opportunities for all genders. The head officer directs particular attention towards reducing and eliminating structural barriers and disadvantages as well as on initiating projects and measures to promote equal opportunities and non-discrimination.
The central officer's tasks specifically include:
- Creation of equal opportunity concepts, guidelines and plans,
- Participation in recruitment and tenure procedures and in other central decisions related to teaching and other staff, such as promotions, salary tiers, etc., as well as in any social or organizational procedures related to women’s issues at the university,
- Active participation in intramurals as well as trans-regional committees,
- Development of measures to ensure equal opportunities for women and men,
- Conception and execution of educational and further education programs,
- Completion of projects in gender mainstreaming areas,
- Consultations for students and employees,
- Cooperation with university bodies and committees as well as institutions, etc. both within and outside the university.
The Central Equal Opportunities Officer advises employees and students on all topics regarding equal opportunity and non-discrimination – including confidential matters. The central officer is legally bound by the comprehensive statutory duty of confidentially.