The Equal Opportunities Officer supports and advises the university leadership, the faculties, and the committees of the University of Paderborn on how best to ensure equal opportunities for women and men at the university. The representative directs particular focus towards reducing and eliminating structural barriers and disadvantages, and on initiating projects and measures to promote equal opportunities.
The representative’s tasks specifically include:
- creating equal opportunity concepts/guidelines and equal opportunity plans
- participating in hiring and tenure procedures and in other decisions related to teaching and other staff, such as promotions, salary tiers, etc., as well as in any social or organizational procedures related to women’s issues at the university
- active participation in inter-university as well as inter-regional committees
- developing measures to ensure equal opportunities for women and men
- conception and execution of educational and further education programs
- completion of projects in the area gender mainstreaming
- advising of students and employees
- cooperation with committees, institutions, etc. both within and outside the university
The Equal Opportunities Officer advises employees and students on all topics relating to equal opportunity – including private topics. The officer is legally bound by comprehensive advisor-advisee confidentiality to keep such conversations secret.