Change of study programme/ subject

If you wish to transfer to a different programme or subject, please take advantage of the advisory services offered by the  Student Advice Centre.

Applications must be submitted online. You can find the application deadlines here. For further information on formalities, please contact the Registrar’s Office.

With regard to the recognition of previously obtained credits, the Paderborn Centre for Educational Research and Teacher Training (PLAZ) is responsible for teacher training programmes and the respective subject representatives of the Central Examinations Office are responsible for Bachelor's programmes (see the respective faculty pages).

You can find the relevant request form on the Central Examinations Office pages.

The transition from a bachelor programme to a master programme is also deemed as a programme transfer and must be applied for accordingly.

Applicants with foreign university entrance qualifications should seek advice from the International Office timely. In the same way as other students, “non-mobile foreign students” need to apply online.

Further information :