Choosing from one of the initial (identical) information sessions, you have the opportunity to find out more about tandem learning, the tandem market and the tandem programme before deciding whether it is a suitable option for you.
1. Basic Registration
Registration is via the homepage. Participation in the tandem programme (for 3 credit points*): You and your tandem partner have to register as a pair with the indication of both IMT-accounts via „Tandemprogramme Registration“ (Link will be activated at the beginning of the term. With this you confirm that you have a partner. To take part in an introductory workshop, please also register:
Ideally, you participate in all of the workshops with your tandem partner. In those workshops, you’ll support each other and strengthen your language skills together, being guided by one of our professional staff members.
- You register for one of the introductory workshops for tandem learning via "Workshop Registration" Visiting one of these is mandatory. Here you also enter information about your target language.
- You attend at least 1 of the general strategy workshops and thus establish your individual learning profile. You also have to register via "Workshop Registration" for these workshops.
- If you need a grade, we recommend to participate in the "Project Workshop".
- Visiting the concluding workshop is also mandatory.
Registration deadline: Sunday before the (date of the) respective workshop.
3. Individual Meetings with Your Tandem Partner
You decide for yourself what and how you learn!
During the course of the term, you meet once or twice a week for two hours with your tandem partner (organised by yourselves). You document at least 6 of your meetings for your target language in a so-called tandem portfolio, so that your learning process is made transparent (goals, activities, learning results, reflection…). You can work on a (ideally joint) project.
4. Tandem Advising
The tandem advising allows you to discuss individual concerns which can contribute to the success of your tandem (e.g. what exactly do I want to achieve with the tandem? Which activities are tailored at my goals? How do I assess my progress? etc.).
Appointments will be arranged in the introductory workshops.