Student tutors have been employed for decades at German universities. The University of Paderborn is no exception; they are a valuable element of university academics here as well. Their didactic qualification is, therefore, a topic of particular importance for us.
Tutors offer newer students, who are early in their studies, not only content knowledge, but also a valuable chance to interact with (older) students from higher semesters. Additionly, tutors can also support even more advanced students in mastering the challenges of their course of study.
Since 2011, the UPB has been offering the university-wide tutor certification “T-Cert”. This ensures didactic training suitable for a student tutor position. The training offerings, focusing on didactic approaches in higher education, are offered and conducted by trained facilitators (“Multipliers”). The HEDU for Innovation in Education and University Didactics is happy to support you in…
- Generating a professional development/training concept for tutors
- Advising tutors on didactic questions or issues related to their subject
- Conducting individual workshops
- Accrediting existing or newly created professional development/training programs for tutors (certification “T-Cert”)
- Organizing professional development/training for and in coordination with other involved, interested parties (Tutor Netwok [Netzwerk Tutor*innen] at the University of Paderborn)