Paderborn University's Executive Board considers the universal anchoring of equality within the university as part of its task. A steering group was formed in 2009 under the leadership of the Vice President for Planning, Finance and International Relations to implement gender mainstreaming and the equality concept.
Members of the Steering Group:
- the permanent representative(s) of the Vice-President for Economic and Personnel Management,
- the deans or faculty directors of the individual faculties,
- the chairperson of the Equal Opportunity Commission,
- the Central Equal Opportunities Officer,
- and the management of the Centre for Gender Studies (Zentrum für Geschlechterstudien/Gender Studies).