The training runs over two semesters and consists of three modules. While you learn theoretically and practically about the writing process, the didactics of academic writing and how to conduct peer consultations in the seminars "Prozessorientierte Schreibdidaktik" (Process-Oriented Didactics of Writing) and "Beratung auf Augenhöhe" (Counseling at Eye Level), the practical phase gives you the opportunity to apply your knowledge and skills in real counseling situations, to reflect on them and to deepen them individually.
Modules of the training
Seminar "Prozessorientierte Schreibdidaktik und Peer-Beratung" (during winter semester, workload 90h)
- Get to know the writing process, writing development and models, try out methods for shaping the writing process,
- reflecting on one's own writing, learning about and appreciating individual writing strategies,
- giving feedback on texts, feedback attitude
- Tasks and attitude in peer writing consultation.
Seminar "Beratung auf Augenhöhe - Gespräche gestalten und steuern" (during summer semester, workload 90h)
- Examine different approaches to counseling, basic attitude in counseling
- get to know the counseling process in more detail, design phases of conversations, try out and internalize counseling methods and techniques,
- getting to know the role in peer counseling, questioning one's own understanding of counseling.
Practical phase (70h + 1h)
- Hospitations in counseling sessions,
- conduct own intervised counseling sessions,
- in-depth self-study and preparation of the final portfolio, which serves as the basis for the final colloquium.
- Individual adaptation is possible by arrangement.