Teaching Award for the Next Generation in Academia
Since 2009, the university leadership has awarded the Teaching Award for the Next Generation in Academia.
Teaching at the university includes the education of the next generation of academic members of staff, as well as their advising and support. This prize recognizes the outstanding and innovating teaching concepts and methods of engaged educators, and highlights the quality of teaching at the University of Paderborn.
The prize is awarded to submissions that stand out due to the successful development, implementation, and/or use of:
- (innovative) course formats,
- new teaching and learning materials (including e-learning),
- concepts for transfer between theory and practice,
- concepts for student advising and support, as well as
- additional means of improving the quality of degree programs and teaching.
The prize is endowed with a total of € 15 000. Up to three prizes can be awarded.
Information about previous prize winners, as well as about the submission process, can be found here.