Sie haben Javascript deaktiviert!
Sie haben versucht eine Funktion zu nutzen, die nur mit Javascript möglich ist. Um sämtliche Funktionalitäten unserer Internetseite zu nutzen, aktivieren Sie bitte Javascript in Ihrem Browser.

[Translate to English:] Show image information

[Translate to English:]

Application Procedure and Documents

For your application you will need to submit the "application form for admission to a German university". Please complete the form on your computer or in unjoined printed characters (View help for completion) and add the following supporting documents:

  1. An officially certified copy of a secondary school leaving certificate which qualifies you to study at university level in your home country (please make sure that you provide  proof of all grades you obtained)
  2. Proof of language proficiency
  3. If you have taken a university entrance exam, its results are needed as well (e.g. for applicants from Bosnia, Korea, Kosovo, Croatia, Macedonia, Serbia, Türkiye and USA)
  4. Officially certified copies of all other relevant documents such as academic transcripts, references,  final degree certificates
  5. Resume/CV, showing a complete chronological list of your education and training up to the time of application
  6. If you intend to earn a PhD, you must be accepted as a doctoral candidate by a professor from an academic department of the University of Paderborn before the application process.

Study courses which require a direct application to the university
Please send your documents by conventional mail to the following address:

Universität Paderborn
International Office
Warburger Straße 100
33098 Paderborn

We regret that for organizational reasons we cannot accept applications sent to the university by e-mail.

Study courses which require an application via uni-assist
The hard copies of the documents have to be sent directly to uni-assist!

c/o: University-Paderborn
uni-assist e.V.
11507 Berlin



Please note:

  • Officially certified copies of documents
    Official certification of your copied documents can only be done by a Notary Public, the municipal administration or other state-run institutions.
    Outside of Germany, copies can be certified by the German Embassy, a German Consulate or the responsible public institutions of the respective country.
    Please make sure the official stamp on your certification includes an emblem. A simple text stamp will not suffice.
    Please note: If your supporting documents are written in a language other than English, French or German, you must include an officially certified translation into any one of these languages.

    IMPORTANT: If you submit documents that do not fulfill these conditions, they cannot be recgnized.
  • Application for studies without DSH / TestDaF etc.
    If you do not have the required German language proficiency, you are basically supposed to apply for a language course first.
    If you are to complete one of the recognized German language tests after the application deadline, you can directly apply for studies in degree courses without restricted admission.  Please make sure that you advise us of when the certificate will be completed.  It definitely has to be submitted at the time of enrolment.

The University for the Information Society