You want to teach a block seminar at Istanbul University? Or maybe do some team teaching with a colleague from Madrid? How about inviting a French NGO representative to teach at Paderborn University?
Erasmus+ makes all of this possible and also funds short stays abroad for guest lecturers. As a guest lecturer your stay abroad contributes to strengthening the European dimension of the host university, broadens the course content and enables you to share your experiences with colleagues in teaching and research (STA1). It is also possible to invite members of staff from companies in the ERASMUS programme countries to come and teach at Paderborn (STA2).
- Who can apply and conditions of participation:
Teaching and academic staff at Paderborn University (STA1), who have an employment contract with UPB.
When inviting company staff (STA2): Employees of a public organisation or a company under private law in an ERASMUS programme country
- A valid Erasmus+ cooperation agreement for STA with a partner university
- Duration of teaching assignment: two - 60 days (not including travel days)
- Scope of teaching assignment: at least eight teaching hours over one week (seven days) or a shorter time period. For trips lasting more than one week (seven days), at least 1.6 hours per day for every additional day
Funding in 2019/20
- Funds are allocated on a first come, first served basis
- Erasmus funds for the academic year 2019/20 are very limited. In order for us to plan the allocation of funds more efficiently, please submit your application for Erasmus funding for the entire academic year 2019/20 by the end of November 2019. As a general rule funding applications should be submitted no later than six weeks before the mobility is scheduled to begin.
- Full funding (daily allowance) for up to six days, including travel days (longer trips will receive the same funding amount as a six-day trip).
The daily allowance is aligned with the living expenses in the various destination countries.