Language course participants are enrolled as students at the University of Paderborn. Here you can find information regarding the fees.
For the updated information regarding online-enrollment, please always check your mailbox and spam folder regularly. Here you can also always find the latest information about the enrollment deadlines!
Information about the enrollment period is available in your admission letter (on the 2. Page).
The enrollment deadline for the course start in April 2023 (13.02.2023 – 03.03.2023*)
***Extension of the enrolment deadline until 20.03.2023***
Please note: The courses in April 2023 will be in classroom-based form.
If you are not able to participate in the classroom-based form, we recommend you to defer your admission.
Enrolment and placement test will continue to take place online. Basically, you have to send us the following documents for enrolment as a PDF file by e-mail to the e-mail address io.DSH.registration(at)zv.uni-paderborn(dot)de and respectively also by post:
- Admission Letter (first page)
- Application for enrollment filled out and signed (also by post as original)
- ID card (or passport) and a valid Visa (For the registration you need to provide a valid visa for Germany. We highly recommend you to apply for a student visa in advance of planned departure for Germany at the German embassy or consulate general in your country, if your intention is to stay there for longer than three months. The University has no effect on visa procedure.)
- Power of attorney (completed and signed in the original) as well a copy of the identity card of the person granting the power of attorney and the person receiving the power of attorney. (If you are unable to register yourself, you can issue a power of attorney to a person you trust. Please use the form at go.upb.de/Vollmacht_DSH).
Proof of payment of the semester fees and course fees (for the summer semester 348,54 € and für the course in April 500,00 €) please do not forget to write your matriculation number, first name and surname in the reason for payment). For more information about the fees please click on: Semester Fee/ Course Fee
- All Other Documents that are demanded on the first page of your admission (In case you have to submit your certificates as certified copies, which is written on your admission letter as “geforderte weitere Unterlagen”, you must either send them via mail (post) to the International Office or drop them in the mailbox in "I" building at the latest within the time of enrollment in paper form -hard copy-.)
The course will start with an online placement test to place you at the adequate course level. As the course prepares for science German, the course level may differ from certificates you have acquired at other institutions. Participation is obligatory. You will get more information via email from the faculty of Humanities after the enrollment period is over. Enrollment on the day of the placement test ist not possible.
Please make sure to have health insurance!