Paderborn University offers a broad range of courses: whether you are a creative mind or an expert on theoretical concepts, there is a suitable field of study for everyone. We offer courses, such as Popular Music and Media or Sports Economics – a combination of sports, media, and economics, which cannot be found anywhere else in Germany: our course combinations are as unique as our students. Many of our study programmes have an international component, e.g. Computer Engineering or Physics, where two out of six semesters can be spent in France, or an exchange programme: when studying Mechanical Engineering, you are given the opportunity to complete part of your studies in China. We offer various master’s degrees that are exclusively taught in English, thereby increasing the international prospects of our graduates. In addition, you can choose from among 166 subject combinations in the field of teacher training.
Our degree programmes are renowned for teaching basic knowledge while also focusing strongly on practical application. Simultaneously, we make sure to keep the work environments of the future in mind. This opens up excellent career opportunities for our students and graduates.
We offer research-oriented teaching, tailored study programmes, and high-quality content. All of this is sealed and certified: almost all of our degree programmes are accredited. This means that they have been scrutinised by independent experts in an extensive review process.
Online Application for the summer semester 2024
(Start of Studies on 1 April 2024)
- Applications possible from the beginning of December 2023
- Applications for English-language degree programmes until 30 November 2023
- Applications for German-language degree programmes until 15 January 2024
- Applications for the transition to the master's programme in the case of a change of university within Germany: until 15 February 2024
Online application for winter semester 2023/24
(Start of Studies on 1 October 2023)
- Applications possible from the beginning of June 2024
- Applications for English-language degree programmes until 31 May 2024
- Applications for German-language degree programmes until 31 May 2024
- Applications for the transition to the master's programme in the case of a change of university within Germany: until 15 August 2024