Information on Processing Your Personal Data Within the Scope of the Jenny Aloni Center Newsletter Pursuant to Art. 13 of General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
Version 1.3 vom 15.12.2021
1. Name and Contact Data
The responsible entity (“controller”) for processing your personal data within the scope of the Jenny Aloni Center Newsletter is Paderborn University, a legal corporation under public law funded by the German state of North Rhine-Westphalia. It is represented by the President.
1.1 Name and contact data of controller
Universität Paderborn (Paderborn University)
Warburger Str. 100
33098 Paderborn, Germany
Tel.: +49 (0)5251 60-0
1.2 Contact Partner for the form
Dr. Alexandra Wiebke
Phone: +49 5251 60-3353
1.3 Contact details of data protection officer
The Data Protection Officer of Paderborn University can be reached by postal mail at the address of the controller listed above or as follows:
Tel.: +49 (0)5251 60-4444
2. Categories, Purposes and Legal Bases of the Processing of Your Personal Data
Within the scope of Jenny Aloni Center Newsletter, Paderborn University will process your personal data as follows for the following purposes and in line with the legal bases listed below:
In addition, the following data is collected automatically:
- Your declaration of consent
- Date and time of access
The data provided will only be used for delivering the Jenny Aloni Center newsletter.
Processing of the data is based on your declaration of consent according to Art. 88 GDPR in conjunction with Section 18 (1) of the North-Rhine Westphalia Data Protection Act (DSG NRW).
3. Recipients of Your Personal Data
In principle, Paderborn University do not transfer your personal data that is processed by Paderborn University within the scope of the Jenny Aloni Center Newsletter to third parties.
4. Duration of Storage of Your Personal Data
Your data will only be stored until the time you withdraw your consent, unless there is also another legal ground for the processing (Art. 17 (1) (b) GDPR).
5. Your Rights as a Data Subject
As a data subject, you may assert the rights granted to you by the GDPR at any time; these are:
- the right to know if and which of your personal data is being processed in accordance with Art. 15 GDPR, Section 12 DSG NRW;
- the right to have any inaccurate personal data about you rectified or incomplete data completed in accordance with Art. 16 GDPR;
- the right to have your personal data deleted (erased) in accordance with Art.17 GDPR, Section 10 DSG NRW;
- the right to have the data processing restricted in accordance with Art. 18 GDPR;
- the right to transmit any data about you in accordance with Art. 20 GDPR.
6. Objection to Processing of Personal Data and Withdrawal of Consent
Any consent that may have been granted can be revoked (withdrawn) in whole or in part at any time without providing a reason. The withdrawal of consent shall not affect the lawfulness of processing based on the consent before its withdrawal (Art. 7 (3) GDPR). If you revoke your consent, Paderborn University will not be allowed to continue the data processing based on this consent in the future. If you want to revoke your consent in whole or in part, all you need to do is send an e-mail to jennyalonicenter(at)upb(dot)de or datenschutz(at)uni-paderborn(dot)de.
7. Right to Lodge a Complaint
In addition to the aforementioned rights, you also have the right to lodge a complaint with a data protection supervisory authority (Art. 77 GDPR) if you believe that the processing of personal data relating to you infringes the requirements of data protection law for example, the complaint can be submitted to the state commissioner responsible for overseeing the university: Landesbeauftragte für Datenschutz und Informationsfreiheit Nordrhein-Westfalen (State Commissioner for Data Protection and Freedom of Information in North Rhine-Westphalia), Kavalleriestr. 2-4, 40213 Düsseldorf, Germany; phone: +49 (0)211 38424-0, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org