The Senate represents all university groups.
Professors, academic and further staff can elect their representatives every two years, students every year.
The Senate has the following duties:
- To confirm the election of the president and vice-presidents.
- To take position on the Executive Board annual report.
- To enact and change the university constitution, as well as other university regulations, unless otherwise stipulated by law.
- To make suggestions and take position on the university strategic development plan and agreement on objectives, on evaluation reports, on the financial plan, and on basic resource allocation within the university.
President Prof. Dr. Nikolaus Risch
Prof. Dr. Johannes Blömer
Prof. Dr. Guido Grundmeier
Prof. Dr. Ruth Hagengruber
Prof. Dr. Burkhard Hehenkamp
Prof. Dr. Bernd Henning (Senate Speaker, E-Mail)
Prof. Dr. Helmut Heseker
Prof. Dr. Eugeny Kenig
Prof. Dr. Dietmar Klenke
Prof. Dr. Dr. Georg Schneider
Prof. Dr. Jutta Ströter-Bender
Prof. Dr. Merle Tönnies
Prof. Dr. Andrea Walther
Academic Staff Representatives
Dr. Stefan Elit
Dr. Dirk Prior
Dr. Marc Sacher
Further Staff Representatives
Isabel von Bremen
Student Representatives (E-Mail)
Ex Officio Members (non-voting)
- The Vice-President of Operations
- The Vice-Presidents
- The Deans
- The Equal Opportunities Officer
- The Chairman of the Student Union
- The Chairman of the Worker’s Council
- The Severely Disabled Employee Officer