The Senate represents all university groups.
Professors, academic and further staff can elect their representatives every two years, students every year.
The Senate has the following duties:
- To confirm the election of the president and vice-presidents.
- To take position on the Executive Board annual report.
- To enact and change the university constitution, as well as other university regulations, unless otherwise stipulated by law.
- To make suggestions and take position on the university strategic development plan and agreement on objectives, on evaluation reports, on the financial plan, and on basic resource allocation within the university.
President Prof. Dr. Wilhelm Schäfer
Prof. Dr. Falko Dressler
Prof. Dr. Guido Grundmeier
Prof. Dr. Ruth Hagengruber
Prof. Dr. Burkhard Hehenkamp (Deputy Senate Speaker, E-Mail)
Prof. Dr. Bernd Henning
Prof. Dr. Iris Kolhoff-Kahl
Prof. Dr. Jürgen Klüners
Prof. Dr. Jens Müller
Prof. Dr. Mirko Schaper
Prof. Dr. Arno Schindlmayr
Prof. Dr. Sabine Schmitz
Prof. Dr. Merle Tönnies (Senate Speaker, E-Mail)
Academic Staff Representatives
Dr. Stefan Elit
Dr. Kshitij Kulshreshtha
Dr. Dirk Prior
Dr. Marc Sacher
Thim Frederik Strothmann
Further Staff Representatives
Isabel von Bremen
Dr. Barbara Flöing-Hering
Ex Officio Members (non-voting)
- The Vice-President of Operations
- The Vice-Presidents
- The Deans
- The Equal Opportunities Officer
- The Chairman of the Student Union
- The Chairman of the Worker’s Council
- The Severely Disabled Employee Officer
- The Representative for Students with Handicap or Chronic Disease
Sascha Käuper (Administrative Office 2.4, protocol)