These Master programs can be studied alternatively in German or in English.
Please make it clear in your application, if you apply for the English or the German alternative.
You can apply for the English taught master courses without holding one the above-mentioned German language certificates, but you need to prove a very good command of the English language. The following proficiency certificates are accepted:
- a Bachelor degree gained in Australia, Great Britain, Ireland, Canada, New Zealand or the USA
- a German Bachelor degree obtained in a study program that has been accredited as an English language program
- TOEFL *** with a minimum result of 550 (pencil and paper) or 79 (internet) resp 80 (ESE)
- Cambridge ESOL certificate (CPE, CAE with grade B, FCE with grade A).
- IELTS with a minimum overall band score of 6.5 (Computer Science), resp. 6.0 (Physics, Electrical Systems Engineering).
Important: Due to our examination regulations, one of the above mentioned proficiency certificates is required even if the language of instruction at your previous university was English (referring to countries other than Australia, Great Britain, Ireland, Canada, New Zealand or the USA). We regret that exceptions are not possible.